The UAV Academy (UAVA) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This statement (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The UAV Academy LTD, The Control Tower, Cotswold Airport, Kemble, Gloucestershire, GL7 6BA, United Kingdom
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or to purchase a place on one of our training courses
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means
- Basic information on transactions like transaction id, payment deducted, payment details, payer id etc… but we do NOT store any information about your credit card
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- To notify you about changes to our service.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain online services offered by us, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Some basic personal data is provided to an email marketing service provider when consented to for the purpose of email marketing. See the next section.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information, including information collected through using Google Analytics (http://www.google.com/analytics), about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Site according to your individual interests.
- to speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to the Site.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products
- To inform you of important industry news, including changes in the regulations relating to operating unmanned aircraft
- If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Resource Group Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act
Phone: UK: +44 (0)1285 610038