General VLOS Certificate (GVC) and PfCO
This is the qualification professional drone pilots will need to have. The new GVC qualification replaces the old PfCO course but can be used to apply for a CAA Permission for Commercial Operations (PfCO). Your PfCO will continue to be valid after the EU regulations come into force and will automatically be upgraded to an ‘Operational Authorisation’ on the first annual renewal. The GVC allows you to fly a drone up to 25kg in the Specific Category.
With a GVC you will be also be able to take advantage of the new ‘bolt-on’ qualifications which the CAA will start to introduce in 2021. The first of these will be for flying extended visual line of sight operations out to 2 kilometers.
£648.00 (incl. VAT)
CAA Approved GVC / PfCO course
- Complete the course online and at a pace to suit you.
- The only time you have to travel is for your Flight Assessment
- Online Learning covering complete syllabus
- Live video meetings with your instructor
- Quizzes for each lesson
- Remotely invigilated online theory examination which you can take at home
- Assistance with the creation of your Operations Manual based on our Standard
- Flight Assessment at one of our many locations around the UK
- Free Insurance for your Flight Assessment
- Please see pricing notes below
All prices include VAT
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to any fees payable to The UAV Academy, you will be required to pay a fee, which is currently £253, directly to the CAA for the issue of your initial PfCO on completion of the course. The annual renewal fee is currently £190. CAA fees are not subject to VAT.
Please read our Terms and Conditions