General VLOS Certificate (GVC)
This is the qualification for professional drone pilots. The General VLOS Certificate (GVC) qualification can be used to apply for a CAA Operational Authorisation for the Specific Category. The GVC allows you to fly a drone up to 25kg and gives you the level of credibility you will need to undertake drone operations on behalf of larger organisations.
With a GVC you will also be able to take advantage of new ‘bolt-on’ qualifications that the CAA plan to introduce. The first of these will be for flying extended visual line of sight operations out to 2 kilometers.
£750.00 (incl. VAT)
CAA Approved GVC / PfCO course
- Complete the course online and at a pace that suits you.
- The only time you have to travel is for your Flight Assessment
- Online Learning covering complete syllabus
- Live video meetings with your instructor
- Quizzes for each lesson
- Online theory examination which you can take at home at a time to suit you
- Assistance with the creation of your Operations Manual based on our Standard Template
- Flight Assessment at one of our many locations around the UK
- 15% discount on a subscription to the Dronedesk operations management system
- Free public liability Insurance for your Flight Assessment
- Please see pricing notes below
All prices include VAT
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to any fees payable to The UAV Academy, you will be required to pay a fee, which is currently £253, directly to the CAA for the issue of your initial Operational Authorisation once you have completed the course. The annual renewal fee is currently £190. CAA fees are not subject to VAT.
Please read our Terms and Conditions